Dingle Darkroom: Magic Hours Tour
- A photography tour spanning from early evening to dusk.
- Expert guidance, instruction, and insights to enhance your evening photography.
- The opportunity to improve your photography skills with any camera, device, or phone.
- Visits to stunning locations west of Dingle, boasting powerful and dramatic views.
As sunset approaches you'll be brought to select locations to help you create stunning photos. You'll be blown away by the breathtaking views of the magnificent landscape and views of the atlantic ocean off the Dingle coast. The aim of this tour is to help you capture that once-in-a-lifetime "sunset" photograph that will stay with you forever!
The journey commences from Dingle, embarking on the Slea Head Drive a couple of hours before sunset. The tour route takes you towards Slea Head, Coumeenoole, Dunmore Head, Dunquin, and Clogher. Here, the Atlantic Ocean meets the rugged edge of the Dingle Peninsula, providing a series of awe-inspiring vistas overlooking the Blasket Islands and Sybil Head. Along the way, you'll pause to appreciate some ancient ruins, stroll along sandy beaches, and explore the dramatic rocky coastline. Towards the conclusion of the tour, you'll be assisted in carefully choose a prime location along the Wild Atlantic Way to potentially capture the beauty of the colorful dusk and, if you're fortunate, capture a spectacular sunset to conclude the day.
Landscape and scenic photography at beautiful and awe-inspiring spots.
All locations easily accessible via paths from our minibus; no strenuous walking or climbing required.
More Information: Our minibus will pick you up from a predetermined meeting point in Dingle, from where we will journey past Ventry Harbour, heading towards Slea Head and Coumeenoole Strand. We will make several stops at locations offering breathtaking views of the Blasket Islands and the untamed Atlantic Ocean. As we progress, we'll explore lesser-known backroads and farm tracks leading to magnificent beaches, coves, and cliffs, all offering outstanding perspectives not typically seen from the main roads.
You are encouraged to experiment and be adventurous with your photography during the tour. We provide tripods and filters for your use throughout the excursion. If you're interested in trying low-light and long-exposure photography with your camera or device, please ensure you have a means of remotely operating the shutter, such as a cable or Bluetooth accessory, or are familiar with your camera or device's delayed shutter timer.
If you plan to bring a smartphone or tablet and possess a selfie adapter, feel free to bring it along, as it can often serve as a tripod mount for your device. In some cases, your headphones can also be utilized as a remote release.
What to Bring: Bring your camera, phone, or any device capable of taking photos.
- Tour Duration is 3.5 Hours
- You can be collected by the Dingle Darkroom minibus either at your accommodation in Dingle or a prearranged meeting point and time. Please email us with details of your preferred pick-up point
- What to Bring: Be sure to bring your camera, smartphone, or any device capable of capturing photos. Alternatively, you can simply relax and relish the tour's delights.