Solas Ireland - Walk Through Time Tour
- Travel through time on this fascinating and educational tour
- Explore Lough Swilly
- Includes entry to Fort Dunree
- Learn of the history and nature of the area from expert guides
Embark on a captivating guided walking tour that offers a journey through time, delving into the rich history of Lough Swilly and Fort Dunree.
Join Solas Ireland on an enthralling expedition spanning from the end of the last Ice Age to the arrival of the earliest settlers to Ireland. Discover the transformation of Dunree, which evolved from being a reputed royal seat of the McLaughlin Clan to becoming a site of paramount strategic and defensive significance during the Napoleonic, First, and Second World Wars.
This adventure will also grant you an intimate understanding of the indigenous plant and animal life in an authentically wild and unforgettable setting.
With a visit to the wonderful Fort Dunree included this is a fantastic adventure for all the family. Don't forget to bring your camera to capture some amazing and picturesque moments.
- Duration: 1 Hour
- Admission to Fort Dunree is included
- Enjoy refreshments at the local café at Fort Dunree
- A moderate level of fitness is advisable for participants
- The walking distance covers approximately 1 kilometer
- What to Bring: Please ensure you wear comfortable footwear and bring a waterproof coat, along with an additional warm layer in case of changing weather conditions
- Please be aware that the route includes a path with steep steps, which may become slippery in certain areas.
Meeting Point - 5CWW+PV9 Dunree Head, County Donegal, Ireland
Great walk with history and scenery
Great walk. She shared a lot of information about the history and we got to see amazing views. She knows the place very well.