Rathcroghan Museum Admission
- An insight into how Irish ancestors lived through the ages & medieval periods
- Interactive exhibits & audio visual presentations
- Access to the Óenach Cruachain collection
- Recount ancient Irish tales and folklore
Rathcroghan Visitor Centre - Rathcroghan Museum & Interpretive Rooms
Immerse yourself in the thousands of years of history within the site of Rathcroghan during your visit to the museum and interpretive rooms. During this experience you will be taken back in time though the Neolithic Period, Bronze Age and Iron Age and learn a wealth of knowledge about ancient Irish medieval history. You will gain an understanding as to why Rathcroghan or 'Cruachan Aí' is referred to as Connacht’s prehistoric royal capital through wonderful interactive exhibits. Within these exhibits you will be able to see how Irish ancestors dressed, what they may have eaten, and how they lived there general lives!
Throughout the museum you will also learn about different Irish tales and folklore that Rathcroghan is steeped in! Some of these include:
- The Cave of Oweynagat
- The Táin Bó Cúailnge (Cattle Raid of Cooley)
- The Birth & Life of the warrior Queen Medb
- The conflict between Queen Medb and Cú Chulainn & the Ulaid (Ulstermen)
During your museum tour you can also delve into the Óenach Cruachain exhibition within the interpretative rooms. This exhibition features an intriguing array of 35 artefacts which were all discovered on the grounds of Rathcroghan. This is something you cannot miss on your visit! The collection was previously housed in the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin City centre and it was not open to public viewing. It is a very special addition to the Rathcroghan Museum.
Visiting hours: 09:15am - 16:30pm
Appropriate for all ages!
- A full refund will be given if the tour is cancelled up to 48 hours prior to the start of their booked activity.
- Subject to availability. The suppliers reserve the right to cancel the tour at any given time. In these cases a full refund will be provided.